As we settle into the new academic year, Baruch College remains committed to operating within a safe campus environment for students, faculty, and staff, as well as equitably supporting all of our students in their pursuit of their education and degrees. To support these two goals, we embrace the best science available, which has demonstrated that vaccination against Covid-19 is the most important step we can take. Please review CUNY’s vaccine policy for Fall 2021.
Student Resources and Assistance
The deadline for students enrolled for in-person and hybrid classes for Fall 2021 to comply with CUNY’s vaccination policy was Thursday, October 7. Students who are not in compliance may face withdrawal from their in-person and hybrid classes, and students taking remote-only classes who have not complied with the policy may not be able to enter Baruch buildings, for any reason, after October 7. Please read the latest guidance from Baruch’s leadership, “Supporting Our Students: Vaccination Compliance” to learn about the ongoing strategies being implemented to help students stay in their classes.
- If you have questions about how the CUNY vaccination policy applies to you, reach out to the Office of the Dean of Students at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have encountered difficulty uploading your vaccine documentation to your CUNYfirst account, please visit the virtual Baruch One Stop Shop (BOSS) for assistance.
- If you have documentation-specific queries, you may contact Baruch’s LVA (local vaccine authority) at LVA@baruch.cuny.edu.
Thank you to the thousands of Baruch students who submitted appropriate documentation to their CUNYfirst account in a timely fashion. As of the vaccination verification deadline, more than 95 percent of Baruch’s students were in compliance.
CUNY Covid-19 Safety Tracker
The University has created a Covid-19 Safety Tracker to provide weekly campus-by-campus testing metrics and other critical information. Using the dashboard, Baruch community members can get an overview of the number of cases and trends at the College and throughout the University system.
FAQs at a Glance
We will continue to monitor public health data on a regular basis and make adjustments to the FAQs as needed. Please bookmark this page and check back often.
FAQs from Baruch College
- Reporting and Managing Covid-19 Cases: Reflecting CUNY’s revised protocols, these FAQs cover how to report illness and/or exposure to Covid-19, contact information and the reporting process, and more.
- Faculty and Staff FAQs: Information from VP of Finance and Administration Katharine T. Cobb on accessing campus and facilities, testing protocols, and additional health and safety measures that have been implemented.
- Faculty FAQs on Reopening: Information from Provost and SVP for Academic Affairs Linda Essig on the teaching environment.
FAQs and Critical Messages from The City University of New York
- 9/3/21: Testing Results and Important Policy Updates
- 8/25/21: Still Unvaccinated? Please Read This Now (Students)
- 8/18/21: URGENT Info on Testing, Masks & FDA Approval
- 8/16/21: Clarity on New Mask Mandate
- Covid-19 Testing Program for Faculty and Staff FAQs: Information on testing protocols, making an appointment, testing results, and random testing.
- Student Vaccination Policy FAQs: Information on student vaccination policy requirements, policy definitions and details, medical exemptions and special circumstances, and implementation and enforcement.
- Getting Back to Working in Person and Learning on Campus FAQs: Guidance on masking, physical distancing, testing protocols, facilities preparation, and more.
- Vaccination Verification: Technical Guidance and FAQs: Troubleshooting tips on uploading vaccination verification to CUNYfirst.
Watch Fall 2021 Videos: Be Inspired and Informed
Under President S. David Wu’s leadership, Baruch is exploring ways to draw on the College’s signature creativity and innovation to apply the lessons learned from the pandemic and serve our mission best. He established the Task Force for the Future to be at the forefront of our transformation. Its work is to enhance quality, improve flexibility, assure our community’s health and safety, and help hard-hit communities in New York City recover from Covid-19.
Safe Campus Management
Safe Campus Management
Support for Students, Faculty and Staff
Faculty and Staff Resources
- Office of the Ombuds: You and Your Well-Being Are Important
- Update on In-Person Classrooms
- Updates on Fall 2021 Planning
- Faculty and Staff FAQs
- Faculty FAQs on Reopening (Updated August 16)
- CTL Resources: Getting Ready for the Fall
- CUNY: Getting Back to Working in Person and Learning on Campus FAQs
- Guidelines for CUNY Fall 2021 Reopening Where Not Everyone is Fully Vaccinated
- Academic Continuity
- Guidance on Research Activities
- HR Wellness Corner
- Send your questions to SafeCampusReopening@baruch.cuny.edu