Welcome to Fall 2021! As we begin the new academic year, Baruch College’s highest priority continues to be the health and safety of the community. Here are some highlights—what you need to know and do as you access campus.
Latest Policy Updates from The City University of New York
On Sept. 3, 2021, CUNY Chancellor Matos Rodríguez sent an important message to the CUNY community that included vaccination deadline reminders, a new student vaccination mandate, and Covid-19 testing results and tools.
Students: Time Is Running Out to Get Vaccinated and Verified
Students who have yet to receive a Covid-19 vaccination and are enrolled in in-person or hybrid courses for the Fall 2021 term must act immediately. Students must:
- Receive their final shot by Thursday, Sept. 23
- Upload proof of vaccination into CUNYfirst by Monday, Sept. 27
To meet these deadlines, any student who is still unvaccinated will need to get the single shot of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine by Thursday, Sept. 23. More information about the vaccination mandate for students is here.
Remote-Only Students Must Be Vaccinated to Access Campus
Starting on Thursday, Oct. 7, students taking remote-only classes who wish to visit Baruch’s campus at any point this fall for any reason must be fully vaccinated and have their vaccination documents approved in CUNYfirst. (This does not apply to students who have been granted a medical exemption or religious exception.)
NEW CUNY Covid-19 Safety Tracker
The University has created a Covid-19 Safety Tracker to provide weekly campus-by-campus testing metrics and other critical information. Testing is evaluated over a one-week period from Monday to Sunday. Metrics are updated weekly and posted every Monday.
Using the dashboard, Baruch community members can get an overview of the number of cases and trends at the College and throughout the University system.
FAQs at a Glance
We will continue to monitor public health data on a regular basis and make adjustments to the FAQs as needed. Please bookmark this page and check back often.
FAQs from Baruch College
- Reporting and Managing Covid-19 Cases: Reflecting CUNY’s revised protocols, these FAQs cover how to report illness and/or exposure to Covid-19, contact information and the reporting process, and more.
- Faculty and Staff FAQs: Information from VP of Finance and Administration Katharine T. Cobb on accessing campus and facilities, testing protocols, and additional health and safety measures that have been implemented.
- Faculty FAQs on Reopening: Information from Provost and SVP for Academic Affairs Linda Essig on the teaching environment.
FAQs and Critical Messages from The City University of New York
- 9/3/21: Testing Results and Important Policy Updates
- 8/25/21: Still Unvaccinated? Please Read This Now (Students)
- 8/18/21: URGENT Info on Testing, Masks & FDA Approval
- 8/16/21: Clarity on New Mask Mandate
- 8/12/21: New Mask Mandate from CUNY
- Covid-19 Testing Program for Faculty and Staff FAQs: Information on testing protocols, making an appointment, testing results, and random testing.
- Student Vaccination Policy FAQs: Information on student vaccination policy requirements, policy definitions and details, medical exemptions and special circumstances, and implementation and enforcement.
- Getting Back to Working in Person and Learning on Campus FAQs: Guidance on masking, physical distancing, testing protocols, facilities preparation, and more.
- Vaccination Verification: Technical Guidance and FAQs: Troubleshooting tips on uploading vaccination verification to CUNYfirst.
Watch Fall 2021 Videos: Be Inspired and Informed
Under President S. David Wu’s leadership, Baruch is exploring ways to draw on the College’s signature creativity and innovation to apply the lessons learned from the pandemic and serve our mission best. He established the Task Force for the Future to be at the forefront of our transformation. Its work is to enhance quality, improve flexibility, assure our community’s health and safety, and help hard-hit communities in New York City recover from Covid-19.
Safe Campus Management
Safe Campus Management
- Testing Results and Important Policy Update (9/3/21)
- Still Unvaccinated? Please Read This Now (Students - 8/25/21)
- Baruch Forward: Greetings for the Fall ’21 Term (8/25/21)
- Baruch Forward: What You Need to Know and Do as You Return to Campus (8/24/21)
- Update on In-Person Classrooms (8/24/21)
- News Archive
Support for Students, Faculty and Staff
Faculty and Staff Resources
- Office of the Ombuds: You and Your Well-Being Are Important
- Update on In-Person Classrooms
- Updates on Fall 2021 Planning
- Faculty and Staff FAQs (Updated August 16)
- Faculty FAQs on Reopening (Updated August 16)
- CTL Resources: Getting Ready for the Fall
- CUNY: Getting Back to Working in Person and Learning on Campus FAQs
- Guidelines for CUNY Fall 2021 Reopening Where Not Everyone is Fully Vaccinated
- Academic Continuity
- Guidance on Research Activities
- HR Wellness Corner