Safe Campus Strategies for Spring 2022
Baruch and The City University of New York continue to develop and refine policies to protect the health, well-being, and safety of the community while honoring our mission to support students’ academic momentum and success. These policies, which include vaccination mandates, Covid-19 testing programs, and case reporting protocols, are explained in detail at CUNY’s coronavirus web hub, #CantStopCUNY.
In response to the latest public health conditions, the demonstrated effectiveness of the Covid-19 vaccinations, and guidance from the Office of the Governor and the CUNY Board of Trustees, CUNY Chancellor Félix Matos Rodríguez has issued policy letters for Spring 2022: “Booster Mandate and Deadlines” (to students, January 25), “Vaccination Mandate for Faculty, Instructional Staff and ECPs” (to faculty and staff, February 3), “Mask Policy Update” (to students, faculty, and staff on March 4), and “Deadline Change to Upload Proof of Vaccination” (to faculty and staff, March 17). Specifics from these messages are shared below.
Vaccination Policies for Students, Faculty, and Staff
Vaccination is the best weapon we have to contain the spread of Covid-19 and safeguard our health and that of our community.
Covid-19 Testing and Case Reporting Protocols
Testing and protocols for reporting and managing cases help mitigate the spread of Covid-19.
Fraud Awareness and Prevention
In response to fraudulent outreach, the College has shared guidance, resources, and support.
In a message to the University community, “Mask Policy Update” (March 3), CUNY Chancellor Matos Rodríguez announced the lifting of the temporary mask mandate. Please note: Anyone who would prefer to continue wearing a mask in any setting is welcome to do so, and masks will continue to be available at building entrances at security desks for people who want them.
Staff Schedule Guidelines for Spring 2022
CUNY has issued a revised policy for staffing schedules for the Spring 2022 semester. As of Feb. 28, staff members work in-person 70 percent of the time (i.e., on campus 7 out of 10 days in each two-week period).
Safe Campus Management
Safe Campus Management
- Student Vaccine Mandate
- Vaccination Mandate for Faculty, Instructional Staff, and ECPs
- Deadline Change to Upload Proof of Vaccination (Faculty, Instructional Staff, and ECPs)
- CUNY Covid-19 Safety Tracker
- Campus Ventilation Report
- Protocols for Reporting and Managing Covid-19 Cases
- Spring 2022 Safe Campus Operations Plan
- Safe Return from Spring Break (4/25/22)
- Deadline Change to Upload Proof of Vaccination (Faculty and Staff - 3/17/22)
- Mask Policy Update (3/4/22)
- Vaccination Mandate for Faculty, Instructional Staff, and ECPs (2/3/22)
- Booster Mandate and Deadlines (Students - 1/25/22)
- Expanding Availability of Testing (12/21/21)
- Reassuring the Baruch Community: Safe Campus Management and Updates (12/17/21)
- News Archive
Support for Students, Faculty and Staff
Faculty and Staff Resources
- Send your questions to SafeCampusReopening@baruch.cuny.edu