In support of Governor Cuomo’s New York State on PAUSE executive order, the Baruch College campus is not accessible to students, faculty, and staff. All courses, student support services, and administrative offices are fully operational in distance formats.
Distance Learning in Effect Through Fall 2020 Semester
President S. David Wu has announced that the vast majority of courses and student services will be offered online for Fall 2020. His decision was guided by the research and recommendations developed by Baruch’s Task Force for the Future, which received broad campus-wide input.
Most courses will be offered in a synchronous format, with class meetings that take place virtually at a designated time. Some courses will be asynchronous, meaning you are not required to log into your virtual classroom at a specified time. Very few courses will be hybrid, with some in-person instruction. To see how the different course listings appear in CUNYfirst, click here.
The College’s highest priority is protecting the health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff, while maintaining academic and business continuity. Our goal is to ensure students can maintain academic momentum, protect financial aid, and work toward their professional goals.
Visit CUNY’s continuity for students site for additional information and policy changes related to distance learning.
CUNY Covid-19 Resources and Guidance
- CUNY Preparedness Display: Find resources to help you in your disaster planning efforts.
- CUNY’s Coronavirus Site: The latest messages and resources from CUNY.
- CUNY’s Continuity for Students: A comprehensive list of resources for students learning and living in the time of COVID-19.
- CUNY Email Hotline: Email the hotline for questions and concerns regarding CUNY’s readiness and response plan.
Government Covid-19 Resources
Reporting Covid-19 Cases
Baruch is working with CUNY to maintain accurate records of any coronavirus cases in our community. Please follow the steps below to report a COVID-19 case (e.g., exposure, self-quarantine).
When to report: Once you have spoken with a medical professional, and if you are determined to be at risk or given guidance to self-quarantine, please immediately notify the College.
Where to report your status:
Students should email the dean of students at email@example.com.
Faculty and staff should email the Executive Director of Human Resources Andrea Caviness at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to report: Please address the following, as appropriate:
- You have a good faith belief you have been exposed to coronavirus and have self-quarantined.
- You were in close contact with someone who has tested positive, and you have self-quarantined.
- You attended a large gathering that resulted in a self-quarantine.
- You are actively sick with COVID-19 symptoms and are either self-quarantined or directed by a medical professional to self-quarantine.
- Baruch’s coronavirus liaison is responsible for collectively reporting this information to CUNY.
Please consult CUNY’s guidelines for suspected exposure here.
- 7/27/20 – Message From Enrollment Management and Strategic Academic Initiatives: Course Offerings for Fall 2020
- 7/15/20 – Task Force Delivers Phase One Report: Vast Majority of Classes Online for Fall 2020
- 05/21/20 – Announcing the Baruch Task Force for the Future
- 05/4/20 – COVID-19 Flexible Grading: Understanding the Credit/No Credit Policy
- 04/21/20 – 2020 Commencement Experience on Monday, June 8
- 04/15/20 – Human Resources Monthly: Welcome to the First Edition!
- 04/14/20 – Updated Statewide COVID-19 Non-Essential Employee Guidance
- 04/07/20 – Summer Session via Distance Learning – A Message to Students
- 04/06/20 – Summer Session via Distance Learning – A Message to Faculty and Staff
- 3/30/20 – COVID-19 Update: Records, Resources, and Guidance
- 03/27/20 – Essential Tech Equipment Distribution for Students; Volunteers Needed
- 03/26/20 – Recalibration Period at Baruch
- 03/25/20 – Recalibration Period Announced; Spring Recess Dates Adjusted
- 03/23/20 – Thank You: Historic New Era at Baruch Underway – A Message to Students
- 03/23/20 – Thank You: Historic New Era at Baruch Underway – A Message to Faculty and Staff
- 03/22/20 – Reduction of On-Campus Services
- 03/19/20 – Extending Deep Cleaning of Baruch’s Facilities
- 03/19/20 – New Distance Learning Environment Begins Today
- 03/18/20 – Sr. Administrator Has Tested Positive for COVID-19
- 03/18/20 – A Baruch Student Tested Positive for COVID-19
- 03/17/20 – Schedule for Access to Baruch Buildings
- 03/16/20 – Designation of Essential Personnel
- 03/15/20 – Essential Personnel on Campus Tomorrow
- 03/15/20 – Business Continuity Planning On Campus
- 03/13/20 – Message to Study Abroad Students
- 03/12/20 – Baruch College and CUNY Campuses to Remain Open
- 03/12/20 – Instructional Recess and Distance Education
- 03/10/20 – Move to Distance Teaching and Learning
- 03/10/20 – Coronavirus Update: Campus Liaison Named and Travel Suspended
- 03/09/20 – Coronavirus Protections at Baruch
- 03/05/20 – Updates on the 2019 Coronavirus
- 03/05/20 – Teaching in the Time of COVID-19
- 03/02/20 – Update: CUNY Guidance Regarding the 2019 Coronavirus