Safe Campus Guidance for 2022-23
Baruch College and The City University of New York continue to promote policies that protect the health, well-being, and safety of the community while honoring our mission to support students’ academic momentum and success. These policies, which include vaccination mandates, Covid-19 testing programs, and case reporting protocols are explained in detail at CUNY’s frequently updated coronavirus web hub, #CantStopCUNY.
In response to public health conditions, the demonstrated effectiveness of the Covid-19 vaccinations, and guidance from the Office of the Governor and the CUNY Board of Trustees, CUNY Chancellor Félix Matos Rodríguez continues to frame University-wide policies. An archive of his messages, beginning in January 2020 through his most recent letter on May 2022, “Mask Wearing Indoors,” can be found on the University Updates webpage. Current guidance from these messages is shared below.
Vaccination Policies for Students, Faculty, and Staff
Vaccination is the best weapon we have to contain the spread of Covid-19 and safeguard our health and that of our community.
Covid-19 Testing and Case Reporting Protocols
Testing and protocols for reporting and managing cases help mitigate the spread of Covid-19.
Fraud Awareness and Prevention
In response to fraudulent outreach, the College has shared guidance, resources, and support.
In a message to the University community, “Mask Policy Update” (March 3), CUNY Chancellor Matos Rodríguez announced the lifting of the temporary mask mandate. Based on a local rise in Covid-19 cases, on May 23, the chancellor issued the following update: “Mask Wearing Indoors.” Anyone who would prefer to wear a mask in any setting is welcome to do so. Masks will continue to be available at building entrances at security desks for people who want them.
Staff Schedule Guidelines for Summer 2022
For Summer 2022, the four-day summer workweek runs from Monday, June 13, through Friday, August 12, 2022. Read the full message here.
Safe Campus Management
Safe Campus Management
- Student Vaccine Mandate
- Vaccination Mandate for Faculty, Instructional Staff, and ECPs
- Deadline Change to Upload Proof of Vaccination (Faculty, Instructional Staff, and ECPs)
- CUNY Covid-19 Safety Tracker
- Campus Ventilation Report
- Protocols for Reporting and Managing Covid-19 Cases
- Spring 2022 Safe Campus Operations Plan
- Mask Wearing Indoors (5/23/22)
- Safe Return from Spring Break (4/25/22)
- Deadline Change to Upload Proof of Vaccination (Faculty and Staff - 3/17/22)
- Mask Policy Update (3/4/22)
- Vaccination Mandate for Faculty, Instructional Staff, and ECPs (2/3/22)
- Booster Mandate and Deadlines (Students - 1/25/22)
- Expanding Availability of Testing (12/21/21)
- Reassuring the Baruch Community: Safe Campus Management and Updates (12/17/21)
- News Archive
Support for Students, Faculty and Staff
Faculty and Staff Resources
- Send your questions to SafeCampusReopening@baruch.cuny.edu